REDUCING WEAR ON SHAFTS AND COMPONENTS
The dirt, abrasion and loads associated with earthmoving equipment create notoriously harsh operating conditions for moving parts. Despite these conditions – more often than not combining dirt and water – Vesconite performs well, and is the ideal material for bushings operating under slow speeds or oscillating movements under high load. With its lubrication-free qualities, Vesconite can save machine operators considerable lubrication downtime, not to mention reduced wear on costly counter moving parts.
- Bronze and nylon articulation bushes have high wear rates, due to the abrasive working environment. This results in rapid wear of the surrounding components.
- Linear bushings operate against shafts that are often exposed to harsh environmental conditions. With traditional bushings, these areas trap grease, causing dirt to penetrate the shaft bushings.
- Vesconite offers a huge time-saving compared to bronze and steel bearings on earthmoving machinery, where maintenance involves lubricating hundreds of grease points, with resultant downtime.
BENEFITS FOR THE EARTHMOVING INDUSTRY
- Vesconite does not swell or distort in water.
- Vesconite has a high abrasion resistance.
- Vesconite does not delaminate.
- Vesconite does not corrode.
- Vesconite does not require lubrication.
- Vesconite saves on costly maintenance downtime.
- Vesconite is resistant to oils and fuels.
- Vesconite bushes are easy to fit and remove.
- Vesconite is shaft-friendly.
COMMON EARTHMOVING APPLICATIONS
- Cylinder arm bushes.
- Ripper pivot linkages.
- Grader tandem bushes.
- Centre cone bearings.
- Trailer axle bushes.
- Articulating and linear bushes.