SUITED TO BOTH DRY AND UNDERWATER APPLICATIONS
Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube are ideal for the submerged and corrosive conditions of the marine industry. Suited to both dry and underwater applications, Vesconite’s internal lubricants allow for prolonged life where the setting is characterized by irregular greasing schedules, or no greasing at all. Unlike most bearing materials, our polymers have a long wear life and a high load-bearing capacity with no distortion or delamination, despite the wet and abrasive working environment. Vesconite is also easily removed and refitted, saving in costly downtime. Over the past 50 years, hundreds of industrial and leisure marine applications – from yachts to supertankers – have been equipped with Vesconite and Vesconite Hilube, testifying to the polymers’ success in this industry.
- Bronze has a high friction rating and requires lubrication. •
- Vesconite is self-lubricating and has a low friction coefficient
- Elastomers lack dimensional stability and have a high thermal expansion. This is not the case with Vesconite.
- Laminated and composite materials tend to absorb water and swell.
- Rubber has high friction and causes stick-slip, resulting in vibration and high shaft wear.
BENEFITS FOR THE MARINE INDUSTRY
- Vesconite does not swell or distort in water.
- Vesconite does not delaminate or distort under higher loads.
- Vesconite does not corrode.
- Vesconite does not require lubrication.
- Vesconite is resistant to oils and fuels.
- Vesconite bearings are easy to fit and remove.
- Vesconite prolongs shaft life
COMMON MARINE APPLICATIONS
- Stern tube bearings
- Rudder bearings
- Marine winch bearings
- On-board machinery bearings
- Container ship hatch covers