NO REGULAR GREASING AND A REDUCTION IN NOISE
Our Vesconite rail polymers have over several decades been successfully used in a number of railway applications. The materials’ self-lubricating properties make them well suited to railway components that are prone to metal on metal wear and require regular greasing. Not only will a switch to these bushings and wear components avoid long periods of downtime, the noise and squeal issues commonly associated with rolling stock will be significantly reduced. With a resultant reduction in rolling resistance, considerable power savings have been noted with the use of Vesconite rail polymer components.
- Manganese steel tends towards material fatigue and cracking.
- Metal center liners have a higher friction coefficient compared to Vesconite rail polymers. The result is greater turning effort and faster wear on rails and wheels.
- Metal bushings and liners are difficult to remove and fit. This is not the case with Vesconite rail polymers.
- Metal to metal wear causes costly downtime on rolling stock – an issue often not factored in.
BENEFITS FOR THE RAILWAY INDUSTRY
- Vesconite rail polymers create overall smoother train and wear component movement.
- Vesconite rail polymers ensure low wear in expensive rail box bearings and shafts.
- Vesconite rail polymers avoid the need for regular greasing.
- Vesconite rail polymers reduce noise and squeal associated with rolling stock.
- Vesconite rail polymers are resistant to oils and fuels.
- Vesconite rail polymers reduce maintenance on rails, wheels and axle bushes.
COMMON RAILWAY APPLICATIONS
- Centre cup liners
- Flat liners
- Brake beam guides
- Brake rigging systems
- Pedestal liners