VESCONITE HEAVY TRANSPORT
SUITED TO HIGH LOADS AND ABRASIVE WORKING CONDITIONS
Vesco Plastics has been supplying & servicing the heavy Transport Industry for many years reducing downtime and maintenance costs. The applications in the Industry often have a dirty and abrasive environments and can be difficult to get to. The Vesconite products are perfect for these environments as they require little to no greasing and can prolong the life of shafts and pins. The Vesconite products are also very easy to machine and only require very basic tooling.
- Bronze has a high friction rating and requires lubrication. •
- Vesconite is self-lubricating and has a low friction coefficient
- Elastomers lack dimensional stability and have a high thermal expansion. This is not the case with Vesconite.
- Laminated and composite materials tend to absorb water and swell.
- Rubber has high friction and causes stick-slip, resulting in vibration and high shaft wear.
BENEFITS FOR THE HEAVY TRANSPORT INDUSTRY
- Vesconite can give up to 10 times longer life under dirty conditions..
- Vesconite does not delaminate or distort under higher loads.
- Vesconite does not corrode.
- Vesconite does not require lubrication.
- Vesconite is resistant to oils and fuels.
- Vesconite bearings are easy to fit and remove.
- Vesconite can take very much greater loads.
COMMON HEAVY TRANSPORT APPLICATIONS
- Truck suspension/shackle bushes
- Trailer axle bushes
- Articulating joint bushing
- Tipper pivots
- Side tipper bushings
- Tailgate bushes
- Waste removal bin lifting mechanisms & many more.